N-3. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTIONS II AND III) (Cont).
(3) Recoverability Code. Recoverability codes are assigned to items to indicate the disposition action on
unserviceable items. The recoverability code is entered in the fifth position of the SMR code as follows:
-Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of maintenance
shown in the 3d position of the SMR code.
-Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at unit
maintenance or aviation unit level.
-Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct
support or aviation intermediate level.
-Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the general
-Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and
disposal of item not authorized below depot level.
-Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal of item not authorized below specialized repair activity
-Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious
metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or
hazardous material). Refer to appropriate
manuals/directives for specific instructions.
CAGEC [Column (3)]. The Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code (C) is a 5-digit
alphanumeric code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc.,
that supplies the item.
When you use an NSN to requisition an Item, the Item you receive may have a different part
number from the part ordered.
PART NUMBER [Column (4)]. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the
item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to
identify an item or range of items.
DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) [Column (5)]. This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Physical security classification. Not Applicable.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set on Figure KIT
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled
item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be